1) Where are you right now? Sitting on my red velvet chaise. I’m pooped. I had every intention of running errands and getting food, but after riding my skateboard a little too far (and back), I’m not feeling so motivated to do much more that write. It requires very little movement.
2) What have you lost recently? Here was my original answer to this question: I recently lost my virginity. It was disastrous and I cannot explain the utter embarrassment of the whole situation. I’m terribly uncomfortable with my body, so you can imagine how I must have felt. It felt good, but didn’t last very long. The girl was very nice about everything, but she put her clothes on and left within minutes. So I’m a late bloomer.
I decided that people might take it seriously, so here’s my backup answer:
I’ve recently lost interest in trying to see every concert I can possibly see. I suppose the fact that I’m poor has something to do with it, but I also think it’s a matter of shunning the idea that I have some sort of obligation to go see live music so I have writing material for jeansandatshirt.com. Obligation sucks, and while my intentions for the site were pure, I just am not enjoying it much. It could be a passing phase. Who knows. I like this kind of writing better.
3) What was the first CD you ever purchased? My first CD purchase was actually two CDs. One was Prince 1999. I don’t know what happened to the CD, but I recently re-purchased it and it still sounds just as good as it did when I bought it the first time. That album is one of the best albums of all time. Everyone should own it. The other was U2 Rattle And Hum. While not their best album, by a long shot, it has some great songs on it. I was already familiar with their earlier music and filled in the blanks at a later date.
4) What is your favorite kind of writing pen? There are only two pens that I write with, for the most part. A Uni-Ball Vision (micro) in blue or black ink and an Ultra Fine Point Sharpie in black, though I have all of the colors they come in. I don’t like pencil because it fades, though I use a A.G. Spalding & Bros. when I write in some journals because I don’t like the ink to bleed through to the other side. They also make some damn fine pens as well. Do I sound anal about my writing utensils? I am.
5) What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia comes to mind, though I also enjoy many of the other fine flavor they have to offer.