I love Michael Moore. I think I’ll just let his letter speak for itself.
George W. Bush
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Dear Governor Bush:
So today is what you call “the moment of truth,” the day that “France and the rest of world have to show their cards on the table.” I’m glad to hear that this day has finally arrived. Because, I gotta tell ya, having survived 440 days of your lying and conniving, I wasn’t sure if I could take much more. So I’m glad to hear that today is Truth Day, ’cause I got a few truths I would like to share with you:
1. There is virtually NO ONE in America (talk radio nutters and Fox News aside) who is gung-ho to go to war. Trust me on this one.
Walk out of the White House and on to any street in America and try to find five people who are PASSIONATE about wanting to kill Iraqis. YOU WON’T FIND THEM! Why? ‘Cause NO Iraqis have ever come here and killed any of us! No Iraqi has even threatened to do that. You see, this is how we average Americans think: If a certain so-and-so is not perceived as a threat to our lives, then, believe it or not, we don’t want to kill him! Funny how that works! …
2. The majority of Americans — the ones who never elected you — are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction. We now that the real issues are that affect our daily lives — and none of them begin with I or end in Q.
Here’s what threatens us: two and a half million jobs lost since you took office, the stock market having become a cruel joke, no one knowing if their retirement funds are going to be there, gas now costs almost two dollars — the list goes on and on. Bombing Iraq will not make any of this go away. Only you need to go away for things to improve.
3. As Bill Maher said last week, how bad do you have to suck to lose a popularity contest with Saddam Hussein? The whole world is against you, Mr. Bush. Count your fellow Americans among them.
4. The Pope has said this war is wrong, that it is a SIN. The Pope! But even worse, the Dixie Chicks have now come out against you! How bad does it have to get before you realize that you are an army of one on this war? Of course, this is a war you personally won’t have to fight. Just like when you went AWOL while the poor were shipped to Vietnam in your place.
5. Of the 535 members of Congress, only ONE (Sen. Johnson of South Dakota) has an enlisted son or daughter in the armed forces! If you really want to stand up for America, please send your twin daughters over to Kuwait right now and let them don their chemical warfare suits. And let’s see every member of Congress with a child of military age also sacrifice their kids for this war effort. What’s that you say? You don’t THINK so? Well, hey, guess what — we don’t think so either!
6. Finally, we love France. Yes, they have pulled some royal screw-ups. Yes, some of them can be pretty damn annoying. But have you forgotten we wouldn’t even have this country known as America if it weren’t for the French? That it was their help in the Revolutionary War that won it for us? That our greatest thinkers and founding fathers — Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, etc. — spent many years in Paris where they refined the concepts that lead to our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution? That it was France who gave us our Statue of Liberty, a Frenchman who built the Chevrolet, and a pair of French brothers who invented the movies? And now they are doing what only a good friend can do — tell you the truth about yourself, straight, no b.s. Quit pissing on the French and thank them for getting it right for once. You know, you really should have traveled more (like once) before you took over. Your ignorance of the world has not only made you look stupid, it has painted you into a corner you can’t get out of.
Well, cheer up — there IS good news. If you do go through with this war, more than likely it will be over soon because I’m guessing there aren’t a lot of Iraqis willing to lay down their lives to protect Saddam Hussein. After you “win” the war, you will enjoy a huge bump in the popularity polls as everyone loves a winner — and who doesn’t like to see a good ass-whoopin’ every now and then (especially when it ‘s some third world ass!). So try your best to ride this victory all the way to next year’s election. Of course, that’s still a long ways away, so we’ll all get to have a good hardy-har-har while we watch the economy sink even further down the toilet!
But, hey, who knows — maybe you’ll find Osama a few days before the election! See, start thinking like THAT! Keep hope alive! Kill Iraqis — they got our oil!!
9 thoughts on “Fuck The War (Part II)”
I dont love france, and Im glad that someone will actually do something instead of make a few more threats.
James, with all due respect, have you been to France? Have you studied the culture? How many French people do you know? And I’m not trying to jump down your throat for saying that you don’t love France. Hell, I don’t love France, but I think the point that Michael Moore makes is a good one.
As for you being “glad someone will actually do something,” I assume you are referring to our President, but I don’t quite get what you are saying? Are you saying that you are pro-war or what? Explain. I’m curious.
Fuck you, fuck your mothers for giving you people the right of life, fuck the french frogs, and by the way half of you little anti-american hard-ons are still wearing diapers…have fun paying back the government that is putting your little hippie asses through school.
Remember one thing…you would never be able to protest this war if it weren’t for democracy…you people should be ashamed of yourselves and Michael Moore is nothing but a fat fuck with a sore dick from strokin himself.
Wait, what did you just say?? I don’t get it.
uhh … hey shithead,
“Remember one thing…you would never be able to protest this war if it weren’t for democracy…you people should be ashamed of yourselves ”
ashamed of using the right you so diligently and blindly take for granted? Riiiiiight. Hey, instead of being told whats best for you by the Commander in Theif, how about you think about it for yourself and USE THAT RIGHT to do something instead of saying … you have it, blah blah balh. Moron. You make no sense.
This was the most pathetic thing i have ever read. Anti-War people make me sick to my stomach. OH yea, lets sit here in the United States and wait for the terrorists to bomb the living hell out of America, killing innocent people, but we shouldnt lay a hand on them? You excuses are ruthless and meaningless. Innocent people die everywhere. There are innocent people dying in Africa, in America, in Iran, in Russia, in France..the list goes on. War or No War, innocent people will die, and even more innocent people will die with Saddam Hussein in power. Get it? or are you smoking on some hippie weed. Anti-War people protect the power of dictators like Saddam and hide behind the word “peace”. PEACE? lool. When has there ever been peace in history, so there will be peace now? NEVER. Never have, never will. Saddam bombed Isreal, I didnt see any protestors in the streets. Saddam gased the Kurds, i didnt see any protestors in the streets. Peace Protestors? Nope, only HYPOCRITES. Anti-War people, protestors, Micheal Moore clown fans, can go take a cold shower cause their protests are meaningless and pointless. What a waste of time. It was funny for the millions of losers who walked out against this War. What did you protest for again? “Peace”?. Right, peace for the terrorists, but hell for the Americans. Brilliant. IF Jews and Americans die, its okay for protestors to keep their mouth shut, but when the Arab World suffers, protestors stomp their feet, huff and puff and act like they’re on their period. To tell you the truth, if i was that uneducated and a low-life, i would walk out too, just to go against America cause Marijuana isnt legalized in the U.S. Protestors are spoiled in a rich country like America, who are able to get a job, eat, drink, and live in a home. They dont know how it feels to be in the Middle East, living in terror and chaos, and hoping the government doesnt come and kill your entire family. SPOILED. Just imagine if these American protestors protested in front of the Iraqi government? Dead witihin a minute. No matter what Anti-Americans say, and no matter how many U.S. and Israeli flags they burn, America will get what it wants for the better of the world. Its too bad that the Arab World is comprised of a billion people with their cronies or “leaders” being able to brainwash people even here in the U.S. Theres just too many of
Anybody who is not against the war and now the occupation of Iraq simply has not read and studied enough about the issue. Iraq was never a threat and for you “special” idiots Osama has nothing to do with Iraq or Saddam! The main reason Bush attacked Iraq is to gain control of the second largest oil reserve in the world. Throw in the stolen Afgan oil and your well on your way to wearing down and breaking OPEC. People please read and study this issue. Use reliable resorces not just lying FOX news. Study from the left to the right with an open mind and I promise you that you will understand what all the protesting was and is about. This is not over and there will be repercutions for our takeover and occupation of Iraq!!!
TO ALL AMERICANS:
BEFORE SAYING AMERICANS, READ YOUR HISTOY AND YOU LL FIND WHAT? YEAH THAT S RIGHT THAT AMERICAN IS NOT A RACE, IT DOESNT EXIST, DO YOU KNOW WHO ARE YOU R ANCESTORS? THEY ARE THE EUROPEAN, YOU ARE SIMPLY THE DESCENDANTS OF FRENCH, ITALIAN, POLISH AND EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
BEFORE SAYING “PROUD TO BE AMERICAN” THINK ABOUT THE NEVER STOPING PROPAGANDA, THE FACT THAT THE GOVERNEMENT SAYS “IT S GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY” MAKES PEOPME THINK IT S GOOD AND SO PEOPLE WILL SUPPORT WHAT EVER DOES, BUT THE GOVERNEMENT DOES EVERYTHING FOR HIS OWN PROFITS, NOT FOR YOU THE AVERAGE UNEDUCATED OVERWEIGHT POORLY JOBED AMERICAN, PLEASE ALL OF YOU THINK!!!!!
THE GOVERNMENT PUTS IN MUCH MORE MONEY TO GO GET SOME OIL FOR ITS OWN PROFIT IN IRAK THAN EDUCATING YOUR CHILDREN, BUT GUESS WHAT, IF YOU RE UNEDUCATED YOU WONT CONTEST THE GOVERNMENT AND THAT S WHAT THE POLITICS WANT;
We have French ancestors so we shouldn’t be any better than they are, I agree. It makes sense that we should just make empty threat after empty threat instead of doing what we said. I like this, you know, the best way to maintain a way of life is always backing down and never admitting any reason to fight. Also, if your mentality were consistent, “French” is scarcely more a race than “American” because their ancestors came from elsewhere too. In fact, every country’s did except those now existing over Mesopotamia. Now that I see it in this light, I can’t believe that you would post something that pointless. Wow.
This ‘propaganda’ of being proud to be an American refers to being proud of hard work, ingenuity, success that make our lives possible. Why should we not be proud of being the greatest country in the history of the world?
The best thing GW ever managed to do is what he’s most criticized for. Also, simply because they never threatened America does not mean that we should allow such a vicious dictator to gas millions of his own. America should bring him to justice, and he should be executed for his tyranny. During this propaganda surrounding the war, a (more) morally acceptable man such as George Bush is attacked, while Saddam Hussein marshals an army of humanitarian defenders. This gross injustice is actually a psychological confession rather than a real value judgement (on the part of the protestors).
Comments are closed.